The Pog Kit
New Zealand Folk Song and Dance: A Resource for Teachers.
This resource has been produced by the Pioneer Pog 'n' Scroggin Bush Band, Tracy Rohan (Dunedin College of Education Music Dept.), and Bruce Cull (Special Education Service and former Pog Band member) with the assistance of The Otago and Hamilton Societies of Music Education and the Dunedin College of Education.
The kit consists of:
- Two cassette tapes
- Songs: 8 New Zealand folk songs (side 2 has the same songs sans vocals for classroom accompaniment),
- Dances: 4 sets of dance tunes, two of them with dance calls.
- A2 colour poster of the band and their instruments,
- Book containing:
- Words of songs (for OHT reproduction)
- Music (melody line and chords, some simple harmony lines).
- Notes about the band, instruments and song backgrounds,
- Dance calls, diagrams and instructions,
- Music outcomes and suggested activities,
- Suggested cross curricular activities,
- plus many general notes.
- All contained in a bright red "pizza" carton (approx. A4 size).
The Pog Kit is available from the Dunedin College of Education Resource Centre and costs $50. E-mail here for more information.